Earn a Degree or Transfer

Do you want to earn a for-college-credit associate degree, diploma, or certificate? Do you want to take courses to?transfer to another college or?university? Or are you looking to transfer here?from another college or university? Learn the steps to apply.

If you need help with applying, please contact a student success navigator (information in "Contact" sections).

Steps to Apply

Give yourself plenty of time to apply based on when you want to start classes?— know when classes start and when you can register for classes.

  • Determine Your State Residency

    The amount of tuition you pay is based on whether you are considered an in-state or out-of-state student.

    Check or establish your state residency.

  • Submit the Application

    If you have applied to or taken a class at Central Piedmont before, you do not need to apply again. If you don't remember your student ID number, username, or if you are in our system, please first contact a student success navigator.

    Complete the Central Piedmont admissions application. You will be asked to choose a career field. We will help you choose a specific program later.

    Once you've submitted your application, contact a student success navigator to be moved forward in the process. Otherwise, we will email you or contact you by phone within one or two business days to confirm your application.

  • Activate Your Central Piedmont Login

    After we reach you to confirm your application, you can activate your account.

    If you have your username and still can't activate your account, please contact a student success navigator or call the ITS Help Desk for help.

  • Access Your Central Piedmont Email

    Your Central Piedmont student email is the official way the college will communicate with you about your classes, events, and more. Once you have a Central Piedmont login, log in to your email online or from the mobile app. Check your email at least once a day.

  • Attend Orientation

    Attend orientation. Orientation is required for all degree-seeking or transfer students. You will be unable to register for classes if you have not attended orientation.

  • Apply for Financial Aid

    You might be eligible for more aid than you think. Financial aid includes Pell Grants, other grants, scholarships, and Veterans Affairs Education Benefits (such as the GI Bill). Central Piedmont does not offer direct student loans.

    Review financial aid priority dates?and apply for financial aid. Once we notify you through your Central Piedmont student email that we have processed your?FAFSA, check the Financial Aid menu in?MyCollege to review your required documents and to check if you have a financial aid counselor assigned to you.?

  • Determine your English and Math Placement

    You often need to have completed certain English or math courses before you can take your program’s required courses. Learn which English and math courses you can start with.

    If English is not your first language and you need to improve your English language skills, explore how you can learn English at Central Piedmont.

    If you are high school senior participating in the?College Connection?early registration program, contact your college recruiter for more information about the placement process.

  • Meet with an Academic Advisor

    Once you have attended orientation and have your English and math course placement, you can meet with an academic advisor to discuss programs and courses. Advising is required for all degree-seeking and transfer students. You will be unable to register for classes if you have not met with an advisor.

  • Complete Additional Program Steps (If Applicable)

    Many healthcare programs require you to complete an additional application for admittance into that specific program and require that you take the Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS). Contact the specific program for any questions about its application requirements.

  • Register and Pay for Classes, Next Steps

    Review your next steps after applying, such as registering and paying for classes and buying your books.

Learn About Opportunities to Transfer to a Four-Year School

  • Students Subject to Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA)

    DACA students?must have a Form I-797 notice of Action and an EAD card with Category C33 designation showing they have been granted deferred action. They are not eligible for the in-state tuition rate, but they can be sponsored by NC employers only who can pay the in-state rate on their behalf. “Individuals with DACA classification are not eligible to obtain the in-state tuition rate under the public school graduate exception or nonprofit sponsorship exception.” DACA students should be treated like others who are lawfully present in U.S., but?will not be eligible to receive professional licenses which are associated with some of Central Piedmont's academic programs.

    DACA students will be charged the out-of-state tuition rate unless they are sponsored by a North Carolina business, in which case they will be charged the in-state rate. For information on employer sponsorships, contact Central Piedmont's?Sponsored Programs?Office.

    2017 DACA Recission Announcement

<蜘蛛词>| <蜘蛛词>| <蜘蛛词>| <蜘蛛词>| <蜘蛛词>| <蜘蛛词>| <蜘蛛词>| <蜘蛛词>| <蜘蛛词>| <蜘蛛词>| <蜘蛛词>| <蜘蛛词>| <蜘蛛词>| <蜘蛛词>| <蜘蛛词>| <蜘蛛词>| <蜘蛛词>| <蜘蛛词>| <蜘蛛词>| <蜘蛛词>| <蜘蛛词>| <蜘蛛词>| <蜘蛛词>| <蜘蛛词>| <蜘蛛词>| <蜘蛛词>| <蜘蛛词>| <蜘蛛词>| <蜘蛛词>| <蜘蛛词>| <蜘蛛词>| <蜘蛛词>| <蜘蛛词>| <蜘蛛词>| <蜘蛛词>| <蜘蛛词>| <蜘蛛词>| <蜘蛛词>| <蜘蛛词>| <蜘蛛词>| <蜘蛛词>| <网址链> <网址链> <网址链> <网址链> <网址链> <网址链>